So after 5 years of having sold my 2000 SVT Lightning, the current owner had tracked me down on Instagram asking me some questions regarding the suspension. Unfortunately in Dubai the inspection laws are quite strict and the C-Notch in the frame was causing him issues for him to renew his tags/plates. He didn’t want to deal with trying to pay someone off so after some conversation he asked if I would be interested in buying it back! After a little back and forth negotiating it was soon mine again!
I couldn’t really complain as I had already got my 23″ OZ wheels back on the 2003 Sonic Blue lightning I had bought. So for those wondering how this circle of parts and trucks happened I will simplify it:
- I moved to Dubai and sold my 2000 to individual A
- 3 years after A owned the truck he bought a 2003 Sonic Blue Lightning with a blown built motor that he was hoping to rebuild
- With too many projects on the go, A sold the 2000 to individual B and A kept the 2003
- 2 years later A realized he was never going to finish off the 2003 and he sold it to me as I was interested in having another Lightning
- 6 months after that B approached me to buy back the Silver truck which I did!
- I now ended up owning both the 2000 Silver and 2003 Sonic Blue Lightnings.
My old 2000 hadn’t changed much, with 160,000+ miles on her now, the AC was still blowing ICE cold and other than a few touch ups in the paint, yellowing headlights and now, 22″ Foose wheels I had a bucket of parts from the 2003 to make the truck even better! As a result I ended up shipping both trucks back the USA and my close friend took the 2003 as a roller and has since put it back together!
- Kenne Bell SC
- Aluminum Box Upper Plenum
- Single Blade Acufab Throttle body
- Bassani Long tube headers
- Full Bassani Midpipe/Exhaust
- Custom 4″ slash cut stainless tips
- Replaced the yellowed headlights
- Cervinis tailgate wing
- Re-installed my 23″ Oz Vela wheels
Plans now are to touch up the interior in a few spots and complete the Black by adding LMR.com black seat covers which I will need to get modified of course to fit the Expy console. Here’s how’s she’s looking back in Florida!